Friday, September 22, 2017

More 222 Cookie Variations


I’ve started waking up thinking about baking cookies. The ingredients swirl in my brain as the fog of sleep slowly dissipates.

My first shot at baking cookies while also feeding the hordes of animals and getting ready for work, I did without the blender - more minimalist. It went well. The hardest part was mashing the bananas because they were still at the ripe stage and not the banana bread side of mushiness.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Stir together in a bowl: 2 bananas, 1 cup (8 oz) applesauce

Add in: 1 cup coconut shreds, 2 tbl chocolate powder, 1 cup almond flour, 1 pkg chocolate chips

Bake as usual: parchment paper on a cookie sheet and either as cookies or as a big rectangle. These I did as cookies, the next bit I did as a big rectangle.

Baking time was about 15 minutes on each side.

So the previous thought about blending in air is really not necessary. It might make a difference when trying to make cupcakes, but that’s further down the baking road.


The next time, I wanted to do oats and seeds as my base for dry ingredients. That requires the blender - Vita-mix with the dry container works well.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In the blender: 1 cup rolled oats; 1 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds; 1 cup coconut shreds; 3 tbl chocolate powder

Coarse blend is fine, though I prefer it to be on the finer side. Scrape this into a bowl.

Back to the blender: 2 bananas, 1 cup (8 oz) applesauce

Combine this with the dry ingredients and add 1 pkg chocolate chips. Pascha has a bittersweet dark chocolate chip that is 85% cacao. That was perfect for these cookies to keep the sweetness in check. Not tasting the coconut as much with these though, so I might scale back the oats and seeds next time to get more coconut flavor in there.

Bake as usual…


No comments: