Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sea'd Cakes


I had this idea to do a fish stick or fish cake using seeds as the base and seaweed for that fish flavor. I'd made a mock clam chowder many years ago with hijiki (aka hiziki) so I knew that could do the trick.

It's funny what goes on the labels of foods. After we got home from the grocery store, I read the directions on the hijiki to see if I needed to marinate it to get the best flavor. Well, yes, however the arsenic warning really caught my eye.

After a bit more research into what might be in packaged seaweeds, I decided against the fish cake idea no matter how clever I thought using "sea'd" in the name might be.

So now my savory seed base is sitting in the fridge waiting for inspiration to strike. I'll think of something tomorrow.

No comments: